Informational On-line Courses (NOT FOR CREDIT)
We have great informational courses, developed by the IUOE National Training Fund.
Download Los Angeles On-Line Flier
Web-based, non-college credit classes are now being offered to IUOE Local 501 members. All classes are self-paced. After completion of course, members receive a certificate for forty (40) training hours. All course hours may be applied towards BOMA recertification. Cost per class is $175.00 (Mold Class:$75.00).
Payment for class must be received by JATC prior to enrollment.
Enrollment dates: August 31, 2015 – September 11, 2015
All classes must be completed by: Friday, December 4, 2015
Finals must be taken by: Friday, December 18, 2015
CLASSES OFFERED FOR ONLINE TRAINING:
• Building Systems - In this course, you will be introduced to the basic operations and functions of the mechanical, plumbing, electrical systems and other systems which are commonly found in a commercial building.
• Electrical Basics - This course introduces you to basic electrical principles, electrical safety, and electrical applications and equipment in your facility.
• Electrical Safety and NFPA-70E - In this course on Electrical Safety and NFPA 70E guidelines, you will learn how both employees and employers can comply with the electrical safety training requirements mandated by OSHA in 29 CFR 1910 and 29 CFR 1926.
• Fire Alarm Signaling Systems - This course demystifies fire alarm systems and prepares you to manage those systems’ testing, scheduled maintenance, and mandatory repairs.
• Leadership Skills Foundation - In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of leadership skills, leadership styles, and techniques and best practices that will assist you in leading your team.
• Principles of Thermodynamics - This course explores the principles of thermodynamics as they relate to refrigeration and cooling systems.
• Steam Boiler Water Treatment Scale Control - In this course, you learn the fundamentals of water chemistry and how to apply these principles to the maintenance of steam boilers.
• Technician Certification Preparation - This is a preparatory course for taking the EPA’s Type I, II, III, and Universal Certification Exams.
• Mold - In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of mold growth, how mold can contaminate your facility, and how to reduce or remove mold´s effects.
• LEED and Green Building Overview - LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification is an internationally recognized standard for designing, operating, and maintaining buildings in environmentally sound ways.
• LEED Water Efficiency - This course shows you how to certify your existing building under the LEED Water Efficiency category.
• Chillers and Cooling Towers - This course introduces you to chilled-water cooling equipment and cooling towers, as used in large-scale refrigeration and cooling systems.
• Electricity and Automation HVAC/R - This course introduces electrical and automatic equipment as they relate to refrigeration and cooling systems.